December 6, 2017-This is what Christmas is like with cats! I love this commercial because it’s so true; our furry feline friends are so curious and they love to explore things, but this often leads to trouble for us humans! This commercial comes to us from Temptations:)
April 14, 2016- The small, stupid human turned her back to Simbicile after scolding him. A rage inside of him bubbled up because of the false accusations and he could take no more. He CHOMPED down on the back of her ankle as hard as he could and she squealed out in pain! This was one of the best days of my life! I prayed that the wound was deep enough that she would slowly pass away from blood loss.
Simbicile let go of her ankle and sped away…perhaps he was learning a few things from me? One could only hope! His alliance would make it easier to do away with the humans. The small, stupid one hobbled to the litterbox room and cleaned her wounds. I laughed loudly…what a glorious turn of events; I would soon dethrone Simbicile to become the chosen one! I watched from a distance; Simbicile slowly crept into the litterbox room and sat loyally beside the stupid one’s feet. She cleaned the dripping blood off of herself and just stared at him. “I have no idea what’s gotten into you but I don’t like it!” She said to him and this seemed to crush his spirit. But their bond was stronger than I thought…she gently picked him up and held him. He rubbed his face against hers and started to purr.
But why? What was happening? My plan had failed and I was angry! Their act made my blood run even colder and at that moment I realized that their bond could never be broken no matter what…and at that moment I made a choice. I would not frame Simbicile anymore, no, I would take ownership of my destruction and create more chaos. While those two idiots were canoodling, I would be plotting more mayhem and would begin at this very moment to resume my reign of terror. I raced into the food room and jumped onto the counter, there was foliage in a glass container with dirt in it; I swatted it onto the floor, dirt spilled everywhere and there was a thunderous crash! I continued to throw objects to the floor that got in my way; there was no stopping me! A jug full of liquid, a glass plate, even a jar of treats all crashed to the floor. The jar that held our rewards when we were “good kitties” spilled open (We barely ever received these morsels because the small, stupid human clearly did not recognize good behaviour) and I ate as many as I could as quickly as I could because I could hear impending doom… and it was headed straight for me…
There was much excitement within the prison walls yesterday, a moth had entered somehow. I watched the winged creature flutter about and my thirst for it was insatiable. The poor thing! It had no idea that it’s fate would soon be upon it; and such a nasty one at that.
I was laying on the dining room table as I usually do and was basking in the glorious glow of The Sunbeam. The Sunbeam is my only solace in this hell and I am quite surprised that it finds it’s way inside this deep pit of despair. I saw the winged creature and my eyes widened…could this be? I stretched into a magnificent arch and sat up…yes, there it was again. I watched it fly from the ceiling fan onto the light fixture and then into the window. I pounced and tried to grab it with my paws but alas, it slipped right through.
No matter, I would try again and this time be victorious! I followed it into the living room and swatted at it again…this time it suffered a near fatal blow at my strength. It flew to the floor, disoriented and injured! I ran to the living room rug and tried to find my prize…Simbicile was already there…his mouth was moving slowly and he seemed to be eating something…he had claimed the prize as his own and was finishing off the last delicious morsel.
A rage as hot as lava filled my being. How could he claim the prize that was rightfully mine? He had not suffered the labour of catching the thing! I stared at him; there he sat, a abhorrent figure of laziness. He was licking his chops and cleaning his face. He looked at me smugly and smiled. I attacked him with all of my might, our bodies entangled in a fury of fur. I bit down on him as hard as I could and he kicked me in the face. I retreated…this time he had won, but make no mistake…I am plotting my revenge. The small human awoke and saw the destruction of the living room, tumbleweeds of my luxurious black coat dotted the carpet. She came to find me but I hid…I did not want to see her, I had been defeated in battle and that was enough for today.
There are so many fascinating things about cats that many of us don’t know! Here’s a few interesting tidbits you may not have heard before…
- Creme Puff was the name of the oldest cat. Creme puff lived for 38 years and 3 days with his owner in Austin, Texas. Extremely impressive!
- Groups of cats are called Clutter, a Clowder and my personal favourite, a Glaring…seems appropriate:) Also, a group of wild cats is called Destruction…how awesome is that?
- The smallest overall breed of cat in the entire world is Singapura, it can be as much as half of the size of an average cat. The Singapura is a short haired tabby. It doesn’t usually weigh more that 8 pounds on average, even in males!
- A single female cat can have more than a hundred kittens during her productive years. This is why it is ESSENTIAL to SPAY and NEUTER!
- Domestic cats share 95.6% of their DNA with TIGERS! O.M.G. Treat your house cat with the respect it rightfully deserves for being part tiger.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant! They lack the enzymes that help with digestion of lactase and milk can cause diarrhea in cats. Save the milk for baby cows.
- Cats sleep for 70% of their lives. WOW! Talk about conserving energy!
- Cats are the MOST POPULAR pet! There are 7.9 million of them in Canada and only 5.9 million dogs! That’s why cats rule and dogs drool;)