There are so many fascinating things about cats that many of us don’t know! Here’s a few interesting tidbits you may not have heard before…
- Creme Puff was the name of the oldest cat. Creme puff lived for 38 years and 3 days with his owner in Austin, Texas. Extremely impressive!
- Groups of cats are called Clutter, a Clowder and my personal favourite, a Glaring…seems appropriate:) Also, a group of wild cats is called Destruction…how awesome is that?
- The smallest overall breed of cat in the entire world is Singapura, it can be as much as half of the size of an average cat. The Singapura is a short haired tabby. It doesn’t usually weigh more that 8 pounds on average, even in males!
- A single female cat can have more than a hundred kittens during her productive years. This is why it is ESSENTIAL to SPAY and NEUTER!
- Domestic cats share 95.6% of their DNA with TIGERS! O.M.G. Treat your house cat with the respect it rightfully deserves for being part tiger.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant! They lack the enzymes that help with digestion of lactase and milk can cause diarrhea in cats. Save the milk for baby cows.
- Cats sleep for 70% of their lives. WOW! Talk about conserving energy!
- Cats are the MOST POPULAR pet! There are 7.9 million of them in Canada and only 5.9 million dogs! That’s why cats rule and dogs drool;)